The Many Benefits of Eating Chinese Food
Many cuisines from around the world have enthralled the tastebuds of food lovers for centuries, but among them all none have truly achieved the popularity or reputation that Chinese cuisine has. Chinese cuisine has long been a staple in many households in both home-cooked meals and takeout or take-away, and it’s not just in China but practically in every country on earth. So what is it that makes this cuisine so appealing to most?
We at Palms Restaurant have served Chinese cuisine long enough to know that it isn’t just your average, everyday food. There are plenty of reasons why Chinese food has become as iconic and popular as it is now, and below is a list of just some of those reasons:
- Chinese food is healthier than most other cuisines. The essence of traditional Chinese cuisine has always been cooking food with the intention of increasing health, healing and longevity. In traditional Chinese culture, food was often treated as a means of not only providing the body with nutrients but also a means of treating various illnesses. This was done through the addition of various exotic ingredients, like dried sea cucumber and bamboo shoots. Nowadays these exotic ingredients are no longer very common in modern Chinese cuisine, but the food still has a plethora of vegetables and other ingredients with healing properties, among them ginger and black mushrooms.
- Another reason why Chinese food is healthier than most other cuisines is that meat and poultry are used in moderation and often cooked with vegetables. Unlike most western dishes, Chinese food almost always comes in a balance of meat or poultry, vegetables and carbohydrates from noodles or rice, with absolutely no heavy milk-based ingredients like cream, cheese or butter.
- Chinese food offers variety. Not only does Chinese food bring a balance of essential and healthy food groups, it also offers a great variety of flavours and textures through various cooking styles and seasonings. Chinese food can be boiled, braised, poached, steamed, stir-fried, deep-fried, roasted, sautéed, flavour-potted or smoked in an endless number of combinations and with various flavourful spices and sauces. From spicy to salty to sweet and sour, Chinese food always has something for every taste preference. And because it is complete with soups, entrees, main courses and even dessert, you are sure to have a filling meal when you eat Chinese food.
- Chinese food is fast and delicious. This is a fact that simply cannot be denied. Because of their easy and numerous preparations, Chinese food is not just fast, but flat out delicious.
- Chinese food is affordable. Chinese food is always cooked with fresh, affordable ingredients in fast and easy ways so you always get maximum value for it.
With so many benefits, there’s absolutely no reason why you shouldn’t enjoy eating Chinese food as often as you want! And if you’re looking for a delicious variety of Chinese food in Melbourne, look no further than Palms. Here at Palms Restaurant, we always strive to give you the best that Chinese cuisine has to offer. Enjoy all the flavours and benefits of eating Chinese food cooked fresh right here, at Palms.